The CRC has conducted 300+ clinical trials over the past 30 years. Our Director, Dr. Jeffrey Tillinghast, is board certified in Internal Medicine and Allergy/Immunology. We have experience in many therapeutic areas of research including asthma, allergy, COPD, Dermatology, Vaccine, Influenza, Influenza-Like Illness, and GI.
Facts about the CRC:
- All Staff are BLS and ICH-GCP certified with extensive Respiratory experience. All RN Staff are IATA Certified.
- We do not use EMR at our site. We use paper sources.
- We use a central IRB. IRB submission can be done in conjunction with C/B negotiations. These processes both typically take 1-2 weeks.
- All licenses, ICH GCP, and IATA training documentation is included in all staff CVs and is done every 2 years.
- Staff experience and contact information is provided on this form below.
- We recruit primarily from our dedicated site research database (80%) and advertising (20%).
- We utilize Barnes Jewish West County as our local lab when needed. They are STE G02 in our building. (same address)
- We ship off all paper documents 6-12 months after study close out and store them at National Records Storage (1433 Hanley Industrial Court, St. Louis, MO 63144).
- We order dry ice as needed for clinical trial shipments.
- We have O2, AED, and crash carts x2 onsite.
- Each of our Study Coordinators is an RNs. Our RN staff perform all visit procedures, including PFTs, blood draws, and lab processing.
- We have 8 exam rooms dedicated to seeing patients. We have an onsite lab for processing labs. We store medication and samples at ambient, refrigerated, and frozen conditions.
- We have 4 dedicated monitoring rooms with WIFI and access to copy/fax.
- Calibrations are kept on all site equipment. Routine calibrations are done yearly.
- Our drug storage room and fridge/freezer are continuously temperature monitored using a system called Temp Genius. Alerts are set to notify myself and the site Executive Director in the event of an approaching excursion or power outage. We do not have a generator on site, but are able to use the hospital Lab in the event of prolonged power outage for storage.
The Clinical Research Center is located in the St. Louis Metropolitan area. We have a population in the St. Louis Metropolitan area of 2.5 million, this includes counties in southern Illinois and eastern Missouri on both sides of the Mississippi River. The Clinical Research Center has both pediatric and adult patients in our database. Our center is proud of its over 10,000 subjects who are interested in participating in our studies. Our retention rate is very high, as our patients are happy with their experience and are excellent research patients who are diligent and responsible. Recruitment is one of the main reasons clinical trials miss their targets on enrollment. A huge recruitment advantage the CRC has is a dedicated, experience Recruiter, with over 20 years experience recruiting and advertising in the St. Louis area. This experience allows for a quick assessment of willing participants in the database in addition to creating ad proposals, recruitment materials, and a targeted approach to finding the right patients for the right studies.
Areas of Expertise and Interest
- Chronic Cough
- Internal Medicine
- Nasal Polyps
- ObesityPulmonary/Respiratory Diseases
- Weight Loss
Interested in conducting a Clinical Trial with The CRC?
If you are interested in looking for a partner to conduct research studies, give us a call today.